The Wheatbelt Development Commission is committed to building a diversified and prosperous Wheatbelt economy and maximising job opportunities.
As part of this commitment, the Local Content Program was developed at a State level to assist with maximising regional participation in local contracting or supply opportunities.
Your Local Content Adviser can develop, promote and capitalise on opportunities for local suppliers, contractors and jobseekers in the regions by connecting them with a range of relevant stakeholders.
The Wheatbelt Local Content Adviser can help with:
- Understanding how to sell to Government
- Find assistance to build supply chain capability and capacity
- Identify upcoming government supply opportunities
- Identify State and Federal Government financial assistance programs
- Understand your rights and responsibilities under the Western Australian Jobs Act 2017 and the Western Australian Industry Participation Strategy
- Facilitate connecting head contractors with subcontractors
- Participate in productivity and business capability activities
The radio interview below contains helpful information for tendering for local and state Government Contracts.
Episode 1 - An introduction to the Local Content Area Network and the Regional Local Content Initiative funding - Hon Alannah MacTiernan MLC, Minister for Regional Development.