Overview & Advantages
- surrounds two sides of the metropolitan area (north, east) and has proximity to growing demand for food, resources and population services in Asia;
- is a world leading producer of export commodities (grain, livestock and, increasingly resources) with considerable potential to 'value add' this production and knowledge base;
- has significant affordable freehold land;
- possesses significant fundamental infrastructure (power, water, telecommunications, community);
- has a developed transport network (road, rail, air) that includes key State and National infrastructure;
- has a natural amenity which is ideal for renewable energy generation and is attractive to visitors for nature based, adventure and aviation tourism; and
- has a strong sense of place which promotes community values and considerable investment of social capital.