Wheatbelt Regional Investment Blueprint
The Wheatbelt Development Commission has developed the Wheatbelt Blueprint, the key tool for driving growth opportunities in the region. The Blueprint:
- Identifies the key role the Wheatbelt plays in the State’s development;
- Articulates the interventions required to transform the Wheatbelt from its current status and position to attain sustainable growth and development goals; and
- Informs both public and private investors of the opportunities the region presents.
In developing the Blueprint, Commission staff undertook nearly 200 stakeholder engagements to ensure local input into independent economic analysis and priority projects. Included in the consulation was engagement with key agencies to ensure alignment of key issues and solutions.
The Blueprint development has resulted from extensive and ongoing planning and engagement undertaken in recent years. This planning includes:
- The Wheatbelt Strategic Framework, which articulates the Vision, Strategic Goals and priority strategies for the region;
- Towards the Wheatbelt Infrastructure Plans (1, 2 & 3) which identify local governments’ development priorities;
- Sub Regional Economic and Growth Planning for the Wheatbelt’s five sub regions;
- The Wheatbelt Snapshot Series, which summarize the current status of key infrastructure and services in the region
- Aged Care Planning; and
- Digital Planning