Wheatbelt Local Content Adviser
Your Local Content Adviser will develop, promote and maximise opportunities for local suppliers, contractors and jobseekers in the regions by connecting to relevant government, industry, businesses, Aboriginal Corporations, employment and training stakeholders.
Your Local Content Adviser aims to:
- Increase regional businesses’ knowledge, skills and capability to capture regional opportunities as per the Building Local Industry Policy.
- Increase the portion of State Government and Industry contracts secured by regional contractors and businesses.
- Provide regional perspectives to support decision making for the awarding of State Government contracts.
- Maximise regional supplier and subcontracting arrangements and outcomes through Industry Participation Plans.
- Engage with lead contractors and suppliers to promote maximum local jobseeker participation.
- Monitor the performance of contracts and report best practice and instances where the Buy Local Policy or intent has been overlooked.
The radio interviews below contain helpful information for tendering to Local and State Government Contracts.
Episode 1 - An introduction to the Local Content Area Network and the Regional Local Content Initiative funding - Hon Alannah MacTiernan MLC, Minister for Regional Development.