Wheatbelt Local Content Adviser
Your Local Content Adviser will develop, promote and maximise opportunities for local suppliers, contractors and jobseekers in the regions by connecting to relevant government, industry, businesses, Aboriginal Corporations, employment and training stakeholders.
Your Local Content Adviser aims to:
- Increase regional businesses’ knowledge, skills and capability to capture regional opportunities as per the Building Local Industry Policy.
- Increase the portion of State Government and Industry contracts secured by regional contractors and businesses.
- Provide regional perspectives to support decision making for the awarding of State Government contracts.
- Maximise regional supplier and subcontracting arrangements and outcomes through Industry Participation Plans.
- Engage with lead contractors and suppliers to promote maximum local jobseeker participation.
- Monitor the performance of contracts and report best practice and instances where the Buy Local Policy or intent has been overlooked.
The radio interviews below contain helpful information for tendering to Local and State Government Contracts.
Episode 1 - An introduction to the Local Content Area Network and the Regional Local Content Initiative funding - Hon Alannah MacTiernan MLC, Minister for Regional Development.
Wheatbelt Local Content in conjunction with the Department of Finance, Building Management and Works is inviting local suppliers and contractors in the Wheatbelt to register their interest for contracting opportunities for the Merredin Health Services Operating Theatre upgrade.
The scope of this project is to upgrade the existing Surgical Services Department to a Procedure Room, which involves the refurbishment of the existing surgical services area to provide a day procedures room and include new surgical lights and services pendant.
The Local Content Adviser is seeking the following trades:
- Main Contractors
Registration closes 3:00pm, Friday 7 August 2020.
For further information or assistance please contact Local Content Adviser, Megan Creagh on 0437 098 453 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware registration of interest does not guarantee project work.
Please click here for registration.