Wheatbelt Development Commission Strategic Plan 2020-2023
Our vision for the Wheatbelt is a diversified and growing economy with vibrant and dynamic communities, creating a prosperous and sustainable future for Western Australia. To achieve this, the Wheatbelt Development Commission facilitates the long-term development of the Wheatbelt by being a responsive and forward thinking regional development agency, connecting government with the private sector to create practical solutions for the region.
The strategic priorities identified for the Wheatbelt are:
• Enabling infrastructure. Focusing on water and power infrastructure, digital connectivity, transport and logistics investment and land assembly.
• Diversify the economic base. Focusing on economic diversification, local procurement and employment, and regional collaboration.
• Entrepreneurship and innovation. Focusing on entrepreneurship in industry development and innovation in regional development.
• Sustainable landscapes and communities. Focusing on environmental entrepreneurship, environmental and economic resilience and supporting new industry opportunities.
• Organisational excellence. Focusing on leadership and partnerships, governance, and workplace diversity and inclusion.
The Strategic Plan has a strong focus on facilitating economic diversification, building environmental and economic resilience and advocating for enabling infrastructure.