Information relating to COVID 19
New COVID-19 protocols commence in WA
New high caseload environment COVID-19 protocols were introduced across WA on Tuesday 8 February.
To help manage community transmission of COVID-19 and minimise disruption to the community and economy, the new protocols include:
- new close contact definitions
- new testing and isolation guidelines
- specific school and childcare close contact protocols
- online registration of positive Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) results
From Wednesday 9 February, the following also apply:
- reduction in quarantine for approved international and interstate travellers to 7 days
- travellers must wear a mask in indoor and outdoor settings for the following 7 days
- vaccinated direct international travellers permitted to self-quarantine at a suitable premises, if eligible
- international arrivals cap doubled to 530 travellers per week
- unvaccinated international arrivals to complete 14 days in hotel quarantine; and
- mandatory use of the G2G Now app required by all arrivals in self-quarantine.
For more information, please visit the WA Government website.
Proof of vaccination requirements
Proof of vaccination requirements were expanded state-wide on Monday 31 January to incorporate higher-risk venues.
Double-dose proof of vaccination for people aged 16 years and over is required for the following:
- all hospitality venues, including restaurants, dine-in fast food, cafes, bars, pubs, clubs, taverns and night clubs (roadhouses, service stations and takeaway are exempt)
- visitors to public and private hospitals and aged care facilities
- indoor entertainment venues, including play centres, gaming and gambling venues, theatres, concert halls, museums, cinemas and live music venues
- bottle shops
- the entire Crown Perth complex
- major stadiums
- gyms, fitness centres and health studios
- amusement parks and zoos; and
- music festivals and large events with more than 500 people, unless exempt.
Further information on the proof of vaccination requirements, including where to show your proof of vaccination, how to obtain proof of your COVID-19 vaccination and information for businesses can be found on the WA Government website.
Masks mandatory in Wheatbelt and Great Southern
As of 6.00pm Thursday 27 January, mandatory mask requirements for all public indoor settings were extended to the Wheatbelt and Great Southern regions.
Masks must be worn in:
- all indoor public settings, including the workplace
- vulnerable settings like hospitals, residential aged and disability care facilities.
For more information, visit the WA Government's announcement.
The COVID 19 hotline is 13 COVID (13 26 843) and further information is available at www.wa.gov.au.
For general information and advice: https://www.wa.gov.au/government/coronavirus-covid-19
For small business advice and support: https://www.smallbusiness.wa.gov.au/coronavirus
For regional-specific business support, Business Local Service: https://www.smallbusiness.wa.gov.au/business-advice/business-local
Free online webinars covering key strategies to cope with business disruption, visit https://www.smallbusiness.wa.gov.au/blog/workshop-schedule
To speak to an experienced business adviser call 133 140 or email email@example.com
Tourism WA CV-19 response: https://www.tourism.wa.gov.au/Industry-support/Industry-resources/Pages/latest-info.aspx#/
WA Department of Health CV-19 response: https://ww2.health.wa.gov.au/Articles/A_E/Coronavirus
Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development CV-19 response: https://www.dpird.wa.gov.au/covid19-response