Wheatbelt Regional Grants Scheme and Community Chest Fund
Wheatbelt Regional Grants Scheme (WRGS) and Community Chest Fund (WCCF)
Hon Terry Redman, Minister for Regional Development, announced the successful WRGS and WCCF recipients in the 2017 State Government’s Royalties for Regions funding round on Friday 27 January 2017.
Read the Minister’s WRGS press release.
Read the Minister's WCCF press release.
The primary objective of the Scheme is to improve economic and community infrastructure and services in the Wheatbelt through funding projects that will assist in attracting investment, increasing jobs and improving the quality of life in the region.
The aim of WRGS and WCCF is to assist the development of infrastructure, services and community projects, and contribute to the broad development of the community, including the establishment of services and programs. Funding is intended to support the development of resilient communities and contribute to regional areas being vibrant and interesting places in which to live. The Scheme’s broad objectives are to:
- Retain and build the benefits of regional communities;
- Support improved, relevant and accessible local services;
- Enable communities to deliver a sustainable economic and social future;
- Assist regional communities to prosper through increased employment, business and industry development opportunities; and
- Increase capacity for local strategic planning and decision-making.
Who is eligible for WRGS and WCCF programs?
- Local governments;
- Voluntary organisations;
- Philanthropic foundations;
- Community organisations; and
- Not for profit organisations.
The funding programs are not intended to provide support to individuals or businesses.
What are the assessment criteria?
- The project must demonstrate how it addresses a recognised need within the community and/or region;
- The project must demonstrate that it will contribute to achieving at least one of the Royalties for Regions Regional Grant Scheme objectives;
- The project should demonstrate alignment with existing regional development strategic planning, including the Wheatbelt Regional Investment Blueprint;
- Applicants should demonstrate a high level of financial commitment to the project, either through sourcing other project funding and/or direct financial contribution; and
- The project should have the support of local government/s and/or other key regional stakeholders.
Wheatbelt Regional Grants Scheme (WRGS)
The WRGS provides grants from $50,001 to $300,000 for infrastructure projects, project development activities, non-capital projects such as community development activities, establishment of new services and increasing access to information.
Applications have now closed for the 2017 WRGS round. When further funding becomes available details will be published on this page.
Wheatbelt Community Chest Fund (WCCF)
The WCCF provides grants of up to $50,000 for smaller community projects including but not limited to events, community enhancements and project planning.
Applications have now closed for the 2017 WCCF round. When further funding becomes available details will be published on this page.
View the list of Wheatbelt Royalties for Regions Funding 2016
View the list of Wheatbelt Royalties for Regions Funding Previous Rounds.
For further information please contact the Commission on 9622 7222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org